Your Personal Information
Fitness Space is the so-called ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us, as we make decisions on what information we hold and what we do with it.
Our contacts details are as follows:
70 Wapping Wall, St Katharine's & Wapping, London E1W 3SS
What data we need
If you are a member:
• Your name
• email address
• contact number
• date of birth.
• Body composition analysis
• DNA fitness and diet results
• Fitness programming and results tracking
Not all members will be required to disclose sensitive information, it is only for specific services and will be at the consent of yourself that we do so.
If you are a job applicant:
• Phone number
• Email address
• Work history
Please note - Email addresses may be used as your unique identifier within our systems.
Why we need it
We require this basic personal information in order to provide services and information to you in line with the contract. We do not collect any personal information from you that we do not need to provide and manage this service to you.
What we do with it
All the personal data we collect is processed by our staff in the UK. However, this information is located (hosted) on servers within the European Union.
If you are a prospective franchisee owner, we may share your data with our partners in the performance of a contract. This allows us to be able to provide you with the best opportunities regarding location and success of your franchise. If you would like more information about our partners, please contact us at the details stated above.
How we protect it
We recognise your rights concerning this information and take every possible measure to respect these rights and protect your personal data.
How long we keep your data
• Job applicant – 6 months
• Customer – indefinitely
• Prospective franchisee owner – immediately after agreement ceases
• Franchisee owner – 7 years after leaving the business
This is in order to handle any outstanding or future enquiries as well as legal obligations. Should you wish your data to be deleted, you can exercise your “right to erasure” at any time. We will ensure safe disposal of your information if appropriate.
What we would also like to do with your data
We would like to use your details to inform you of our future offers and similar products. This information is not shared with third parties and you can unsubscribe at any time via phone, email or through our website. We will be contacting you under the Lawful Basis of Legitimate Interest as we believe, through the actions you have taken regarding our products and services, these communications will be of genuine interest to you.
If you are a member: We may need to contact you from time to time for operational reasons. As you are a member of Fitness Space we will be contacting you under the Lawful Basis of Contract, this is because want to be able to inform you of anything that may affect you using your gym, i.e. club opening times changing, class times changing etc.
As a citizen, you have a number of rights over your personal information, including:
• The right to access the data we hold on you.
• The right to correct or update this data.
• The right to have the data erased, once this contract is completed, and within the set retention period, unless you renew.
• The right to inform us if you feel your information is being used in an inappropriate way.
• The right to receive a downloaded file of the personal information we hold.
• If we are making automated decisions based on your information, or profiling you, you have the right to have an employee of Fitness Space conduct a review.
• If you request that we cease to use your data, this may prevent us from providing the contracted services to you.
• If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us to have the matter investigated. Please email email@example.com.
• If you are not satisfied with our response, or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law, you can complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/.